Sunday, July 08, 2007

Get the Height & Width of Shapes / Figures in Word Document (Word VBA)

Height & Width of Shapes / InlineShapes in Word Document (Word VBA)

Figures are embedded in the word document and when they move they are a nemesis. Programmers are often given the job of aligning, resizing etc. Here is a simple example to get the height of the Shapes. Here you will notice that a particular inline shape has been singled out. You will get to know this if you run this in the document:)

Sub Figure_Attributes()
Dim sRep
sRep = ""
For I = 1 To ActiveDocument.InlineShapes.Count
If ((ActiveDocument.InlineShapes(I).Type > 0 And ActiveDocument.InlineShapes(I).Type <> 7 And ActiveDocument.InlineShapes(I).Type < 18)) Then
Height = ActiveDocument.InlineShapes(I).Height
Width1 = ActiveDocument.InlineShapes(I).Width
ActiveDocument.InlineShapes(I).Select
If Selection.Fields.Count = 0 Then
sRep = sRep & fname & vbTab & Height & vbTab & Width1 & vbCr
End If
End If
Next I
For I = 1 To ActiveDocument.Shapes.Count
Height = ActiveDocument.Shapes(I).Height
Width1 = ActiveDocument.Shapes(I).Width
ActiveDocument.Shapes(I).Select
sRep = sRep & fname & vbTab & Height & vbTab & Width1 & vbCr
Next I
MsgBox "Attributes of all the shapes in " & ActiveDocument.Name & vbCrLf & sRep
End Sub

No comments:

Post a Comment

StumbleUpon
Share on Facebook
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Download Windows Live Toolbar and personalize your Web experience! Add custom buttons to get the information you care about most.